Training Visa (407)

A 407 Training Visa is a temporary visa that allows you to visit Australia to undertake occupational training to gain professional registration or professional development training.  This visa allows you to work in your occupation, whilst partaking in a structured training program provided by an Australian training sponsor.

A 407 Visa will usually allow you to stay in Australia for up to 2 years. You can apply for a 407 Visa either onshore or offshore.

why choose the Immigration Gurus for your 407 Visa

  • Hundreds of successful 407 visas processed
  • Quality, up to date advice on 407 regulations
  • Upfront expectations and assessment
  • High success rate for 407 visa approvals
  • Network of 407 Training Sponsors

How does the 407 Training Visa work?

To apply for a 407 Visa, you will need to be nominated by an Australian organisation that has been pre-approved to provide occupational training. Pre-approved organisations can provide training required for registration, to enhance skills in eligible occupations or to promote capacity building overseas.  To be nominated for occupational training to improve your occupational skills you will usually need to show that you at least 12 months of suitable prior experience that relates to the training that will be provided. For occupational training that is required to obtain a professional registration the training must be mandatory to obtain occupational registration in your home country or in Australia.

You will only be permitted to work for your approved training sponsor.  At the end of the 407 Visa, you may be eligible to apply for another type of visa.

Training For Registration

Sponsors that allows you to gain the experience required for registration in your occupation.

Occupational Training

Undertaking on the job training to develop your skills in an eligible occupation.

Overseas Capacity Building

Training that builds capacity overseas.

407 Training Visa – The basics

  • Be over 18 years old
  • Be nominated by an approved Australian Training Sponsor
  • Have at least 12-months prior experience, in the last 2 years
  • hold a valid temporary visa, if applying in Australia
  • Meet the health & character requirements

Apply for your 407-training visa, receive your visa and start working!

The Immigration Gurus can help you at any point along the journey to obtain a 407 Training visa!