The Australian Department for Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP) have notified that from the 20th February 2017, the ability to lodge certain visa applications in person will the tightened. The following visas have been limited to postal or electronic lodgement:
- Visitor visa (subclass 600 Tourist Stream)
- Remaining Relative visa (subclass 835)
- Carer visa (subclass 836)
- Aged Dependent Relative visa (subclass 838)
- New Zealand (Family Relationship) visa (subclass 461)
DIBP continue to move towards a centralised electronic platform for visa applications, which most visas can already be applied through.
The paper lodgement option is available for all the visa subclasses above. However, the paper application form must be sent by post or courier to the address specified on the application form.
If you have any questions about the immigration process, please don’t hesitate to contact us.